Friday 26 August 2011

Making Terrain - Lombardy Poplar Trees #3

I needed to buy some turf and foilage to cover the tree but the store was open during a period where overtime was available at work.  I finally got some (decided to not work OT).  I used Woodland Scenics Course Turf and Light Foilage in Light Green.  I had to rip up the foilage into strains and put the Course Turf into a plastic bag and mixed it up.  Then I 'Shake and Baked' the tree as planned (I really wanted to do this way).  The half mixture of glue was not working too well so I went full strength.  It needs to dry then I'll seal it with 1/8 Mix of glue.

Impressions.  I can't really notice the foilage and I'm wondering if that was not a good idea.  Maybe instead the fine turf would of been better for coverage.  I was also thinking once its all dry I can spruce up the tree by cutting all the uncovered limbs.  That's all for now. (I got other WIP but I want to finish this tree)


No comments:

Post a Comment